Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Harry Potter? Yes, please!



"Gryffindor! Gryffindor!"

I was introduced to Harry Potter by a classmate my freshman year of high school, which was 11-12 years ago now, so I've had a really long relationship with Harry and the gang. To be honest, I don't recall really enjoying reading before getting my hands on this series, so like many other people, Harry is what ignited my passion for reading. Every time I finished a new book I was always in search of something else to read. I found it exciting to escape my world for a while and explore new places, meet new characters, and experience new emotions which were brought on through works of writing. 
So when people tease me (cough* Jabi* cough* ) because they see my excitement for what may seem like a 'child's fantasy novel' portrayed by witches and wizards who fly around on brooms (Firebolt's to be more exact), I don’t become offended because I know that the story is more than just that. Like others, I have a special bond to this series and to these characters, and I find that the themes found throughout the books are universal to anyone at any age. Then when I get the "Harry Potter is the devil" comments - I say, as a Christian, that they’re wrong - if anyone is the devil it's not Harry, it’s Voldemort! (LOL) 

I'm just annoyed that these aren't available on Kindle... :/ 

The premier for the final installment of the Harry Potter films is about five weeks away and as my way of getting "pumped" I've decided to reread the entire series, which comes out to a whopping 4,100 pages.  I know it seems like a lot but I can read it so fast that I'll be done before I know it. Piece o'Cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment