Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One More Pound!

I would say I’m an emotional eater or I was an emotional eater or I’m somewhere in between. 
I’ll get back to that.
As many of you know I have been working out with a personal trainer in Hercules for six months now. I would say I’m sooo close to me my goal weight that I can taste it! Literally just one more pound and I’m there!
You know how they say when you go to college you gain the “Freshman 15” - well luckily I didn’t gain it all in my freshman year but gradually over the whole college experience. Then when I graduated I gained another 5 pounds. So in the last seven years I have gained 20 pounds! 
It was bad... I kept outgrowing my clothes, I got a muffin top and worst of all I started to get a double chin!
I tried working out at home - I failed at that. I tried working out at the popular 24hr Fitness - I failed at that (more because I was so annoyed that it felt like a nightclub that I got discouraged). I tried an all women gym - I failed at that. I agreed to let Jabi train me - that was a disaster (still love you babe)! I tried dieting - FAILED! 
Don’t get me wrong I would loose a few pounds here and there but it would always come back.
Then FINALLY, Jabi referred me to his eastbay personal trainer and it was literally one of the best things that has ever happened to me.
This is a short list of some of the ways my life has changed by working out with a trainer at Aloha Fitness:
  1. I was taught how to eat for my body type, not diet.
  2. I was able to loose the 20 pounds and then some.
  3. I not only lost body fat, I gained lean muscle. 
  4. I can run now!
  5. I fit under the athletic body type and I’ve never been athletic before.
Overall I’m a healthy and fit person and I thank not just my trainer but also the people who work out there. Everyone has the same goals so you don’t feel like people are judging you. My trainer always pushed me and challenged me in my workouts - every-single-time! All I had to do was eat right and go hard at the gym. If I did anything else different, I would have just been wasting my time and money. 
Back to the emotional eating. One of the reasons I felt like I had gained so much weight was because I considered myself to be an emotional eater. 
Since admitting to my ‘problem’ I have learned to restrain from retreating to food for comfort. BUT - Jabi has been gone for a couple of days now visiting family in Mexico and I find myself craving food as comfort because I miss him :(
Jabi come back already! If I don’t get down to me goal weight by the time you get back I’m blaming it on you! :P
I’ll post before and after pics once I see the official weight on the scale in the gym ;)
(If you are interested more in Aloha Health and Fitness, check out their website www.eastbaytrainer.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment